NY Acted, Let’s Thank our Legislators
To get updates and calls to action, please interact with us on social media:
- Follow us on Twitter at @RaiseTheAgeNY and via the hashtag #RaisetheAgeNY
- Engage with us on Facebook @RaisetheAgeNY
On April 9, 2017, New York State legislators passed historic “Raise the Age” legislation, and Governor Cuomo signed it into law on April 10.
This move will protect tens of thousands of New York’s young people from the adult criminal justice system. While the legislation is not perfect, we applaud our lawmakers for passing this smart-on-crime legislation and will keep working with our elected officials to ensure we do what is right for our communities and our state’s youth.
Please take 2 minutes to call the legislators who represent you and thank them for passing Raise the Age this year! It’s easy: enter your address, and with one click you’ll get the phone number and a script.
2. Make a call:
Once you’ve called your own representatives, if you’d like to do more, please call the leaders below:
- Senate Majority Leader John Flanagan, 631-361-2154
- Senate Independent Democratic Conference Leader Jeffrey Klein, 718-822-2049
- Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, 718-654-6539
- Governor Andrew Cuomo, 518-474-8390
I just thanked my #NYS legislators for passing #RaisetheAgeNY. A good first step. We have more work to do together. Join me: bit.ly/rta2017